You’ve adapted to screens for meetings, patient care and CME training. But you’re ready to travel a little ways and be in the same space as other vaccinated people. We’ve got just the ticket for you: A special in-person HEAL training at the beautiful Spring Green Dojo. Featuring instruction by a team of experts in Wisconsin’s breathtaking Driftless Region, incomparable Zen meals, and lodging at the picturesque SilverStar Inn. Spaces are limited for this select HEAL event, November 4-7. Register now to reserve your spot.
As an MNRHC conference participant, we extend to you this special offer:
Through July 7th, $100 off the early-early bird rate (already a great value!) for Virtual Programs, and $200 off the In-person program. Register below.
YOU’VE BEEN CALLED TO MEDICINE TO HEAL OTHERS
YOU’VE SEEN HOW THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM ISN’T UP TO THE TASK
AND NOW, YOU’VE BEEN CALLED TO ACTION
Focusing on a leadership challenge of your choice, you’ll explore practical ways to reframe challenges, work with paradoxes, influence others and realize goals. You’ll also learn resilience practices, breathing exercises, zazen meditation, ways to manage energy, and how to apply all this to your team or system.
What you get:
- How to flip problems to opportunities
- How to release tension and extend energy
- How to reconcile seeming opposites or decide between right and right •
- How to center yourself and increase your power using hara
- How to develop your concentration and self-regulation in meditation
- How to know which of 4 energy patterns you favor and how to access weaker patterns
- How to increase your influence •How to bring a desired future into the present
- How to apply Zen leadership to a current challenge or opportunity in healthcare
OUR SPONSORS AND ACCREDITATION PARTNERS
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the HEAL program and SSM Health. SSM Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
ACCME – physicians
SSM Health designates this live activity for maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ANCC – nurses
SSM Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.0 ANCC contact hours.
- Starts Thurs evening, runs most of the day Fri and Sat (with breaks), finishes Sun at lunch
- Complete in one weekend
- Both weekend and serial versions cover the same material, in different formats/schedules
- What is Healthy Embodied Agile Leadership (HEAL)?
- Finding Opportunities in Your Challenge
- Introduction to Zen meditation and Hara Development
- Experiencing Your Energy Patterns
- From “or” to “and” – decision making in paradox
- From Control to Connect, Increasing Your Influence
- Realizing Your Vision
- Crafting Your Way forward
- Meets for 6 Saturdays, 2 hours most weeks plus most of the day (with breaks) in week 5
- Complimented by video content you can view on your own time
- Designed for busy healthcare professionals who can’t give up an entire weekend
Serial program schedule
- WEEK 1: From Coping to Adding Value; introduction to Zen Leadership and hara development;
- WEEK 2: From Tension to Extension; introduction to Zen meditation
- WEEK 3: Experiencing Your Energy Patterns
- WEEK 4: From “or” to “and” – decision making in paradox
- WEEK 5: From Control to Connect, increasing your influence; deepening practice
- WEEK 6: Realizing Your Vision; crafting your Way forward
With both versions you get:
- A comprehensive workbook
- Your personal FEBI report
- Practical ways to apply 5 of the “flips” of Zen Leadership to a challenge you’re facing in healthcare
- Ongoing community calls with other HEAL graduates and instructors after the program
- An introduction to Zen meditation and the Chosei Zen community with the opportunity to continue in Zen training after the program.
HEAL Weekend Version – October 21st-24th
HEAL serial Version –
6 saturdays Sept 18 – Oct 23
HEAL in person –