heal – Nhs
Are you a dedicated, caring professional within the NHS who feels the pressure of these times?
Do you wake up in the morning feeling lacklustre, lethargic or simply wanting something more? During the day, you inwardly hide emotions of anxiety, despair, and fear whilst outwardly showing care and compassion to the patients around you. You know this misalignment is detrimental to your mental health, and ultimately your health. Yet, you continue to follow your passion and career, hoping that something will give – deep down, you can feel that somewhere there’s room for improvement – yet you don’t know where to start.
Improvement starts with a decision to make a positive change in your life, and this is where the HEAL programme can help. Once you’ve taken even a tiny step to well-being, momentum will carry you forward, and we’ll be there to support you along the way.
Institute for Zen Leadership, founded by NASA scientist, leadership expert and Zen master Ginny Whitelaw created the HEAL programme for health professionals in the USA who were straining under a system not fit for purpose. Since it began nearly a decade ago, Doctors, Nurses, CEO’s, health managers and carers have attended programmes that have pulled them from despair to re-energise their careers and lives.
“This is a life-changing programme that can help you from the inside out.”
Vivien Joy Lamadrid – Staff Nurse – MICU Founder, Journeys for Wellness
“You’ll learn skills to move past the fears that hold you back.”
Adrienne Hampton MD, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine University of Wisconsin
“This is the single most impactful training I have had to ensure work and personal stability, resilience, and acceptance of opportunity.”
Gabe Curtis MD
Zen Leaders in the UK are now extending this valuable programme to help support our frontline healthcare professionals meet the challenges of today. HEAL training takes both knowledge-based and physical forms. It places the experience “deep into the bones”, providing you with the tools needed to face your most pressing issues so that you can sustainably thrive and be a force for positive change for your colleague’s patients, practices and organisations.
What will you learn?
- How to flip problems into opportunities
- How to release tension and extend energy
- How to reconcile seeming opposites or decide between right and right
- How to create greater awareness and centre yourself amidst the storm
- How to develop deep concentration and self-regulation in meditation
- How to know which of the FEBI’s four energy patterns you favour and how to use the right energy at the right time
- How to increase your influence
- How to bring a desired future into the present
- How to apply Zen leadership to a current challenge or opportunity in healthcare
Who is it for?
Healthcare practitioners, including doctors, nurses, leaders, and managers, who are curious to work with mind & body to improve mental health and expand well-being in themselves, their teams, and ultimately their patients.
How does it work:
A live, cohort-based programme series (HEAL – NHS 1, 2 & 3) is offered online, led by UK-based Zen Master, Andy Robins. We have a variety of programme formats available to accommodate NHS personnel, including our weekend programme, 6-Saturday’s online serial version, and 1-evening/week programme over 12 weeks. In addition, we can work with organisations to create formats necessary for teaching within fluid environments.
- What is Zen Leadership?
- Finding Opportunities in Your Challenge
- Introduction to Zen meditation and grounding practices
- Experiencing Your Energy Patterns
- From “or” to “and” – decision making in paradox
- From Control to Connect, Increasing Your Influence
- Realising Your Vision
- Crafting Your Way forward
What will you get?
- A comprehensive workbook
- Your personal FEBI energy pattern report
- Practical ways to apply 5 of the “flips” of Zen Leadership to a challenge you’re facing in healthcare
- Physical practices that help unwind the body, relaxing the mind, allowing a deep integration of the training
- Ongoing community calls with other HEAL graduates and instructors after the program
- Free ongoing support with daily meditation and an opportunity to join the Chosei Zen community for those wishing to extend their training
|Early Bird Discount (>6 weeks ahead of program)||£325|
We have a limited number of partial scholarships available on each programme for those committed to training with us but unable to afford the full fee.
Register for an upcoming program below
6 pm Thursday 11th February 2022 – 12 noon Sunday 13th February 2022
Thursday 6 pm – 9 pm
Friday 6 am – 9 pm
Saturday 6 am – 9 pm
Sunday 6 am – 12 Noon
Although the days may appear lengthy, this rhythm allows for teaching, physical rejuvenation, and rest to create an environment in which you will thrive.
Contact Andy Robins for further information -email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07557 645 401