Zen Leadership Instructor
You’ve experienced the flips of Zen Leadership or the power of resonance, or perhaps you’re oriented toward embodied leadership and are just now finding this pathway. If you’re sensing it can take you further than any other, you’d be right.
Become a certified Zen Leadership Instructor, qualified to teach Zen leadership in your work, expand our curriculum through your expertise and join the pool we draw from in staffing our programs.
In addition to Practitioner pathway courses and FEBI certification, Zen Leadership Instructor certification requires regular attendance at our annual Master Class and instructor-level training with our sister organization, Chosei Zen, including at least two intensive 4-day sesshin or keishin (i.e., online training).
It’s bigger than you think.
This is for you if:
- You’re a teacher, facilitator or leadership development professional who wants to help leaders break free of ego-based limitations
- You’re motivated to train in Zen and want to integrate Zen and Zen leadership principles into your teaching or facilitation
- You’d like to qualify for paid teaching work with IZL
Prerequisites: experience in teaching, facilitation, leadership or leadership development. Ask us if you have questions about qualifying.
The Zen Leadership Instructor pathway starts with one of the Practitioner pathways (i.e., Zen Leader pathway or HEAL Practitioner pathway) and FEBI Certification. It adds personalized guidance from instructors, regular connection to the IZL community, instructor-level Zen training with Chosei Zen, (so you can lead meditation sessions), and regular attendance at IZL’s annual Master Class.
What will I learn?
- How to teach the flips of Zen Leadership and associated curriculum
- How to apply Zen leadership to personal, professional and societal challenges
- How to apply best practices and feedback from others in strengthening your own teaching
- How to deepen your own exploration of teaching from connected consciousness
- How to apply Zen leadership to better care for people (including racial justice and social change) and the planet.
- Online, live, cohort-based program
- Weekend starts Thurs evening, runs all day Fri and Sat, finishes Sun at lunch
Chosei Zen Training
What will I learn?
- How to do Zen meditation in a deeply physical, hara-centered way that cultivates Samadhi
- How to break through self-imposed limits and radically expand your capacity
- How to develop supporting practices (e.g., chanting, shakuhachi, ceramics, Tai chi, Kyudo, yoga) that augment your training
- How to apply Zen training in your life and work
See the website of our sister organization, Chosei Zen, for a full description of training opportunities ·
In-person and online training available; see Chosei Zen website for details.
There was the usual boisterous chatter
among the tangled roots
of the Tree of Fear.
Not Enoughness – who is always cowering in a small nook, taking up as little space as possible –
puffed up and piped up in a sufficiently audible voice:
“Is that so?”
like the hara breath-sword that cuts through neurotic thought,
– Kelly Bannister, Project Director, Zen student and IZL alum
Courses/Requirements to Zen Leadership Instructor Level
|If You’re Starting from:||Practitioner Courses||FEBI Certification||Master Class||Intensive Training with Chosei Zen*|
|Already FEBI & Practitioner Certified||X||X|
|Already Practitioner Certified||X||X||X|
|Already FEBI Certified||X||X||X|
|New to IZL||X||X||X||X|
You can sign up for individual courses or prerequisite pathways now or enroll in the full pathway at a deeper discount.
|ZL Coach Starting From:||Already FEBI & Practitioner Certified||Already Practitioner Certified||Already FEBI Certified||New to IZL|
|Your Investment||$549||$1295 (>200)||$2149 (>300)||$2849 (>500)|
|Or 3 Payments**||$185||$435||$720||$955|
*Training with Chosei Zen is offered on a donation basis
**3 monthly payment plan available up to 90 days before program start