YOU’VE BEEN CALLED TO MEDICINE TO HEAL OTHERS.
You’ve seen how the healthcare system isn’t up to the task,
and now you’ve been called to action.
We train “deep into the bones” how to face some of the most pressing issues for healthcare professionals so that you can sustainably thrive and be a force for positive change in your patients, practices and systems.
Who is this for?
Healthcare practitioners, including physicians and nurses, leaders and administrators curious about working with mind-body as one and expanding well-being in themselves, their patients, teams and systems.
What will you learn?
- How to flip problems to opportunities
- How to release tension and extend energy
- How to reconcile seeming opposites or decide between right and right
- How to center yourself and increase your power using hara
- How to develop your concentration and self-regulation in meditation
- How to know which of 4 energy patterns you favor and how to access weaker patterns
- How to increase your influence
- How to bring a desired future into the present
- How to apply Zen leadership to a current challenge or opportunity in healthcare
Learn About CME
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the HEAL program and SSM Health. SSM Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
ACCME – physicians
SSM Health designates this live activity for maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ANCC – nurses
SSM Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.0 ANCC contact hours.
“One of the most effective and thought-provoking leadership programs I’ve ever taken – surpassed my expectations.”
Dr. David Kilgore, Dept. of Family Medicine, UCI
How does it work?
Live, cohort-based program offered in two online formats.
- Starts Thursday evening, runs through the weekend, finishes Sunday at lunch
- Select the session that best fits your time zone
AGENDA OVERVIEW – HEAL1 WEEKEND
- What is Zen Leadership?
- Finding Opportunities in Your Challenge
- Introduction to Zen meditation and Hara Development
- Experiencing Your Energy Patterns
- From “or” to “and” – decision making in paradox
- From Control to Connect, Increasing Your Influence
- Realizing Your Vision
- Crafting Your Way forward
- Meets for 6 Saturdays, 2 hours most weeks and all day in week 5
- Complemented by video content to view on your own time
AGENDA OVERVIEW – HEAL1 6-week
- WEEK 1: From Coping to Adding Value; introduction to Zen Leadership and hara development;
- WEEK 2: From Tension to Extension; introduction to Zen meditation
- WEEK 3: Experiencing Your Energy Patterns
- WEEK 4: From “or” to “and” – decision making in paradox
- WEEK 5: From Control to Connect, increasing your influence; deepening practice
- WEEK 6: Realizing Your Vision; crafting your Way forward
Photo and hexagram by Dr. Kristi Crymes
With both versions you get:
- A comprehensive workbook
- Your personal FEBI report
- Practical ways to apply 5 of the “flips” of Zen Leadership to a challenge you’re facing in healthcare
- Physical practices and somatic experiences for deeper integration
- Ongoing community calls with other HEAL graduates and instructors after the program
- An introduction to Zen meditation and the Chosei Zen community with the opportunity to continue in Zen training after the program.
|Early Bird Discount up to 6 weeks before||$489|
|Premium Discount up to 10 weeks before||$429|
Register in an upcoming program
“This program, in a short time, cuts through boundless questions by offering the only answer: connections to self, others, the entire world and existence. It offers applicable tools to engage with and manifest those connections to better serve the needs of all.”
Katie Davenport-Kabonic, Family Medicine Physican
“I was able to re-connect with myself, realize the power I’ve always had and just couldn’t find, and find peace. It is transformational.”
Anne Getzin, MD
“This is a life-changing program that can help you from the inside out.”
Vivien Joy Lamadrid,
Staff Nurse – MICU; Founder, Journeys for Wellness
you hAVE QUESTIONS, WE HAVE ANSWERS
What if I register and then something comes up and I can’t attend the program?
We’ll be glad to roll your registration forward to a future offering of the program at the same price.
What if I miss part of the program?
Part of what makes our programs so strong is the sense of community in the cohort, so we encourage you to attend all sessions live. If you have to miss 1-2 hours, we’ll help you get caught up. If you have to miss more than that, we’ll suggest rolling your registration forward to the next offering.
How do I claim CME for a HEAL program?
IZL’s CMEs are accredited through SSM Health, which is connected to the EEDS CME Credit system. Upon completion of a HEAL program, IZL will send you the Activity Code for that specific program, both numerically and as a QR Code, to log in and claim your hours.
I don’t know if I can quiet my mind or sit still in meditation; can I still do it?
Quieting your mind is not required for meditation, but more of an outcome and we’ll show you how to get started. Sitting in stillness is part of our tradition, and you’ll see it’s as super-efficient way to train because the same things that get in our way in life and leadership come up quickly when we stop moving, but we’ll give you the tools to deal with them like you never had before.
What if I’m not a leader?
If you’re committed to making a positive difference through your life, you fit our definition of leader, and we’re here to help you do it better, even if that positive difference is in your personal life, rather than work life.
What if I can’t afford the program?
If you’re committed to training with us, we’d like to try to make it possible for you. We have a limited number of partial scholarships available to our programs. If you’d like to apply for one, here is an application.
Is this too Zen-y or religious-y?
We do not ask you to believe anything or adopt any religion. Zen is not religious in the ordinary sense of the word, but rather physical training to break through barriers and free the mind. It is a foundation for being more of who you are.
Can my whole team attend?
Absolutely, in fact, it’s easier to integrate the program’s learnings in your workplace when multiple people or a team train together. Contact us for group discounts or if you would like to bring a tailored version of the program to your organization.