Zen Leader +
Inspire and be inspired by the innumerable expressions and applications of Zen Leadership in our vibrant community
Once you’ve completed the Zen Leader or HEAL series, join with colleagues in this NEW annual spring online course to co-create a space for reminding, remembering and returning to Zen leadership practices and applications.
This alumni-created and peer-led program offers an opportunity to reconnect and explore how Zen leadership has come through our lives in diverse ways. Whether you are in need of a refresher or feel moved to share an application, you’ll find a supportive space to immerse in ways Zen leadership connects with other practices, pressing issues, and areas of need in your own life and the world.
This inaugural offering of ZL+ focuses on the creative interplay between “Nature” (the natural world) and “the nature of our nature” (our true selves.) It includes opportunities to learn from and be inspired by Zen teachers, as well as support and inspire each other while nurturing our Zen leadership community of practice.
What will we learn and do?
Picking up where ZL3 and HEAL3 left off, we will work with flips and energy patterns in new ways to:
- Explore how Zen Leadership shows up in our lives, and how our daily lives are zen leadership training grounds
- Create nurturing conditions to open up to our challenges and identify barriers in being a transformative everyday leader
- Open pathways to move through barriers and harness our training to work on, with, and through the tough stuff
- Explore ways Zen Leadership better enables us to care for ourselves, others and our planet, and how these are interrelated
- Continue to breathe life into the practices of Zen and Zen Leadership, refreshing and reminding us who we are and what is uniquely ours to do
Who Is It For?
- IZL and HEAL alumni who have completed the full Zen Leader or HEAL series (1, 2, 3).
- A regular formal or informal embodied practice is recommended (e.g., meditation, yoga, martial arts, fine arts, dance, walking)
How Does It Work?
ZL+ is designed with the working professional in mind. This 3-part course takes place over 3 months, including a preparatory session in April, a 2.5 day main session in May and a follow up session in June. All times are in Central time zone.
- Session 1: April 22 (Fri) from 9 am – 11:30 am includes reconnecting with peers as a community of practice, course overview and preparation for the main session
- Session 2: May 20 (Fri) – May 22 (Sun). Program runs all day Friday and Saturday (8 am – 4:30 pm) plus special evening talks. It concludes with half day on Sunday morning (8 am – noon)
- Session 3: June 17 (Fri) from 9 am – 11:30 am includes supportive check in, share back and go-forth commitments
|Early-Bird Discount (until April 7)||$489|
|Premium Discount (until March 17)||$429|
There are no upcoming events at this time.
You have questions. We have answers.
What if I register and then something comes up and I can’t attend the program?
We’ll be glad to roll your registration forward to a future program at the same price.
What if I miss part of the program?
Part of what makes our programs so strong is the sense of community in the cohort, so we encourage you to attend all sessions live. If you have to miss 1-2 hours, we’ll help you get caught up. If you have to miss more than that, we’ll suggest rolling your registration forward to the next offering.
Am I eligible to attend ZL+?
You’re eligible to attend if you’ve completed the ZL or HEAL series. Ask us if you have any questions about your eligibility.
Is ZL+ required in order to maintain ZL instructor or coach certification?
We strongly encourage ZL instructors and coaches to take part in this annual program, however it is not required to maintain certification.
What if I can’t afford the program?
If you’re committed to training with us, we’d like to try to make it possible for you. We have a limited number of partial scholarships available to our programs. If you’d like to apply for one, here is an application.